I was nominated by the lovely Mummy behind Mum In The Cotswolds to take part in the Liebster Award – a cute little ‘award’ that looks to recognize fellow bloggers, and pay it forward to other blogs that you like and admire. As a relatively new blogger, I’ve been delighted to take part – it’s been a really great way to discover other lovely blogs and Mummies.
So what is a Liebster Award?
A Liebster is an award created by bloggers for other fellow bloggers. It’s an award that’s passed on by nominations between bloggers as a way to welcome, celebrate and discover new blogs.
Once you have been nominated you will need to write a blog post containing:
* A link back to the person who nominated you
* 11 interesting facts about yourself
* Answers to questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
* Links to your nominated blogs
* 11 questions for your nominations to answers
Don’t forget to notify the blogs you have nominated!
So let’s get started.
11 Facts About Me
- I live in Dubai with my husband, son and cat
- I hate the feeling of sand on my feet so do often wonder why I moved to what is basically a giant sandpit
- I can horse ride and dirt bike ride (though not at the same time)
- I gave both these hobbies up when I got pregnant, and opted for the less-dangerous hobby of piano playing
- I started this blog as a way to meet and relate to other Mummies, and also make others laugh
- I am from Yorkshire, UK
- I work in communications-marketing
- I love music by Queen, Elvis and Led Zeppelin
- I have a master’s degree
- I am a bit of an introvert – I’d choose a night with a good book rather than a night in a club each and every time
- I’d love to write and illustrate a children’s book one day
My Questions From Mum In The Cotswolds
- How long have you been blogging?
Since June 2015 (four months)
- Do you have any hobbies?
Writing, drawing, reading, learning piano
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- If you were a crayon what colour would you be?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
The Walking Dead
- When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Where is your favourite place to eat out?
Rosso’s (Italian in Amwaj Rotana, JBR, Dubai)
- Shoes or bags?
Bags (a Mulberry preferably!)
- Who is a hero in your life?
- What’s your favourite season?
It depends where I am – Dubai winter, UK spring
- Give 3 words that describe you best?
Caring, chilled, dry-humour (can I class the last as one word?)
Questions For My Nominees
- What do you love most about being a parent?
- What do you love least about being a parent?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Which is your favourite blog post written by you? (hyperlink)
- Which is your favourite parenting blog? (hyperlink)
- What drives you round the bend?
- Who is your favourite superhero?
- Who is your real-life hero?
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure?
- How do you de-stress?
- If you ruled the world for a day, what would you do?